Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 2.0 and Liberty 1.0

From: Aloril
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 2.0 and Liberty 1.0
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:59:58 +0300

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 19:42, David G Doshay wrote:
> On 25, Aug 2005, at 8:00 AM, Aloril wrote:
>
> > DrunkenGnu is meta machine: Get list of top moves from GNU Go 3.6
> > and then select one move randomly from all legal moves favoring
> > most move that is at top of GNU Go 3.6 top moves.
> > Also if selected move was not among top moves, do additional
> > sanity check for negative score check and if too bad move,
> > try again with other move.
>
> How does your algorithm "favor" the top moves? Have you considered
> something like a Boltzman rather than a Drunk weighting?

Score value is randomized in a way that favors high scores:

rand = random.uniform(0.0, 1.0)
new_value = self.sanity * value +
            (1.0 - self.sanity) * rand * self.max_value

After this algorithm sorts moves with these new_value's and we select
new top move.

sanity=1.0 -> original ordering
sanity=0.0 -> completely random