Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 2.0 and Liberty 1.0

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 2.0 and Liberty 1.0
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 07:31:36 -0700

> Is it OK to enter GNU Go 2.0, Liberty 1.0 and
> heavily randomized GNU Go 3.6 to Sixth and
> any future KGS Computer Go Tournaments in Open division?

I don't see a problem if Gunnar, Arend and Paul do
not.  I understand from your previous messages that
this is OK with Nick Wedd.  But I have a comment
about the following:

> --name="tuned GnuGo. If I'm too hard, try SimpleBot.
> If I'm too easy, try human s or LibertyBot. - "

This could be misunderstood to imply that the
program is stronger than GNU Go, for two
reasons. First, tuning to us is a process of
improving the program, and second, GNU Go is
not mentioned as an alternative under ``If I'm too
easy ...''

The reason we might care is that someone might form
a negative opinion about GNU Go after defeating an
older or deliberately weakened version.

Daniel Bump