Re: GNU Herds - Free Software Association

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: GNU Herds - Free Software Association
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:21:21 +0100

Hello,

I have seen your announcement on comp.os.linux.announce and I have a
small comment on it.

GNU Herds work team <address@hidden> writes:

>   http://www.gnuherds.org/
>

> GNU Herds is a not-for-profit and true-democratic association which aims to
> encourage the professional development of Free Software contributors.
>
> Job Site modules have been developed to take in contact professionals and
> companies interested in doing business.
>
> The management of the Job Site is controlled by its own users using the
> democratic policy.

Looking at your web page (http://www.gnuherds.org/e-Voting_SIG.php),
I've seen that you are interested in voting systems for applying the
democratic principles. You might be interested in demexp, an electronic
voting system developed for direct democracy.

demexp is free software (GNU GPL license) and is available for GNU/Linux
(server and client) and Windows (client only). demexp is using Condorcet
algorithm like Glasnost. It is actively developed, albeit on a slow
pace.

 Download the software:
   http://demexp.org/fr/doku.php?id=telechargement_du_logiciel_demexp
   (in French but the URL should be self explanatory, tell me if this is
    an issue)

 More about the democratic experience political project being demexp the
 software:
   http://www.demexp.org/main/doku.php?id=english

 Archives of our mailing lists on Gmane:
   http://dir.gmane.org/search.php?match=demexp

Do not hesitate to ask us (address@hidden) if you have
questions about the software.

Best wishes,
David MENTRÉ -- lead demexp developer
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A      --     address@hidden
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A