Re: GNU Herds name change?

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: GNU Herds name change?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:22:20 +0200 (CEST)

Antenore Gatta wrote:
> Personally I like GNU Herds, my proposal it's just an acronym of GNU Herds.

I like the GNU Herds name too.

> What it's really hard to do it's to think/design a proper logo... I
> mean, how to summarize GNU, herds, job site, open source in just one
> image or logo/banner?

Instead of "open source" we should write "free software". As you know all
free software is open source software too, and almost all the open source
software is free software.  However, the goal of freedom is not present on
the open source term.

Well, maybe I should read more about it ...