Re: optimization of the Hacker's Guide section

From: Victor Engmark
Subject: Re: optimization of the Hacker's Guide section
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:42:39 +0200

On 4/26/07, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
Victor Engmark wrote:
> Davi Leal wrote:
As exposed in the <div> I sent you, I propose move the content of the below
section to wiki pages hosted at Savannah. So we will not have to translate
it:

  7. Internationalization and Localization
  14. The PostgreSQL data base
  16. How to install a development environment?

As we have already done with the below section:
  10. Wikis

What do you think?. If you think it is right, I will do such modifications
before you work on the reorganization the next week.

Sounds good!

P.S.: I have added you admin permissions at the Savannah project, so you have
less problems to carry out anything.

Thanks! I'll try not to break anything ;)

> > Well, we can say something like: "install UFT-8 as default in your
> > system", and they will ask or read any documentation proper for their
> > operating system.
>
> We could also provide links to general-purpose articles explaining the how
> and why. That's one of the things I often miss from public FAQs. Linking
> also means we'll have less to maintain and translate.

I think it should be kept at a wiki page at Savannah, without translations.

What do you think about all this?.

Good stuff all! Less work for us and more useful.

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin, sounds profound