Re: Taking decisions

From: Antenore Gatta
Subject: Re: Taking decisions
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 05:54:46 +0200

Sometimes rules are made to be broken.

We have the rule, that is the charter, but if we reach a compromise or a common decision by speaking, discussing and also (why not) shouting i prefer much more.

I wouldn't like to reach an agreement about OpenID just because of numbers, but because of understanding, me an MJ we could be wrong, you as well, so is needed to discuss and reach an agreement all together in these cases. The wrong decision could compromise the project...

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
Antenore Gatta wrote:
> Davi Leal wrote:
> > Antenore and MJ were right!  We have to add OpenID support.
>
> Great!

IMHO, If I had keep disagreeing with both you about this subject, then
we would have to vote as it is exposed at the association Charter [1];
Two (Antenore + MJ) counts more than one (me) so we end anyway with
allowing OpenID support.

 [1] http://gnuherds.org/charter#Decisions

The association Charter (draft) could be changed, but that would need
agreement too.

In this case we have ended with a technical conclusion which has taken into
account the market context, "user demand". So we did not needed to vote [2].

 [2] http://gnuherds.org/charter#Voting

As exposed above I do not oppose to add it.  Another subject is if I will
develop such feature or not. In this case it is: Yes, I will add it, but as
there are lots of features more main, this one is delayed. Anyone who feels
it should be take more priority can develop it herself.