Re: Taking decisions

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Taking decisions
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 20:49:06 +0200

Antenore Gatta wrote:
> Sometimes rules are made to be broken.
>
> We have the rule, that is the charter, but if we reach a compromise or a
> common decision by speaking, discussing and also (why not) shouting i
> prefer much more.

I absolutely agree with you about discussing, shouting, etc.

IMHO such hint is even included in the rules. The charter reads [1]:

  Guidelines:

    * Do not vote on technical subjects. Just discuss it to get the best
      technical solution. Only if the time needed for discussion is too
      long should there be a vote.

    * Vote on non-technical subjects.

 [1] http://gnuherds.org/charter#Voting