Re: [Gnumed-devel] Anticoagulation project and larger planning issues

From: Thilo Schuler
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Anticoagulation project and larger planning issues
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 14:59:07 +1100

The local district strategic planning committee believes that a set
of very basic modules
- patient identification (even if just "fed" from an appointment
manager / biller)

Re appointment manager I keep thinking about interfacing to any of the projects that are out there already. There are so many that I don't even bother thinking about implenting YAP (yet another planner). We really should think hard about interfacing to existing ones. The mozilla guys are doing a good job I read. So why not sign up on their list and talk to them.

Sebastian, do you mean the Mozilla Sunbird project?
(http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html)

Anyway this is totally written in XUL (plus XPCOM) like any other mozilla application (firefox, thunderbird). These are locally installed standalone applications, and have the advantage that their are less security restrictions. But there are also pure web served examples like this amazon browser http://www.faser.net/mab/remote.cfm (open with firefox or mozilla).

I have been looking in that technology for some time and it fascinates me. Hopefully my I get the uni project work and I can demonstrate some of its capabilities in respect to medical (web) frontends without the HTML limitations.

Cool stuff, isn't it?
-thilo