Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 23:09:51 -0700

On 8-Sep-09, at 1:34 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 05:34:13PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
        hook_script_example.py

Ignored for packaging.

But would be useful in /usr/share/doc/gnumed-client/

Added in SVN.

Same with gnumed-client.conf.example which documents all the
conf file options.

But I left all the documenting comments in the used config files.
So what?

See, this is my same point about not putting in /doc/ files that are meant to be functional simply because they happen to contain comments or as a place to keep functional files inactive. Maybe I am being n00bie naive here but would this not be a better case to relocate the hook script (in future) in the tarball from

        client/doc

        optional/

and in this case (if the hook script is not meant to go system wide) it could be in the tarball in

        optional/userfiles/

Would a suitable destination in a debian system be

        etc/gnumed/optional

??