Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 08:12:03 -0700

On 9-Sep-09, at 12:36 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:

Andreas does provide a separate file (of which I am not sure the exact
source) but in

        /usr/share/doc/gnumed-client/copyright

It's actually not me who simply provides this it is Debian Policy that
requires this (no official Debian package without this file does exist).

I totally understand, I was only not sure of the source of the main portion and suggesting to reverse engineer something equivalent in future tarballs. I am not sure whether Debian could in future recognize a new copyright file (if it should change) and just programmatically alter or insert what Debian requires in the top of the file.