[Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 09:36:18 +0200

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 03:36:09PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
> The Debian package does not keep a copy of the tarball
>
>       GnuPublicLicense.txtGnuPublicLicense.txt
>
> because the text exists already in
>
>       text already in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
>
> however the above defaults to point to GPL 3 so should maybe point
> instead to GPL2

Well, that's just a bug!  For sure it should point to the right license.
I fixed this in SVN (so there is no need to fire up reportbug).

> Andreas does provide a separate file (of which I am not sure the exact
> source) but in
>
>       /usr/share/doc/gnumed-client/copyright

It's actually not me who simply provides this it is Debian Policy that
requires this (no official Debian package without this file does exist).

> he has the following which may be worth keeping as a file in the cvs and
> also in the tarball at
>
>       /client/copyright
>
> beginning at "Authors:" ??

> This package was debianized by Andreas Tille <address@hidden> on
> Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:48:14 +0200.

I changed this now (SVN) to the new machine readable format described at
   http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--