[Gnumed-devel] lab sheet of 3rd party software

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] lab sheet of 3rd party software
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 11:06:43 +0100

FYI, I am posting a lab results display of another software
(I don't know which) that was posted on a German GP clinical
discussion list.

Is there anything we can learn from that ?

I don't approve of wasting half the screen width for
statically displaying so much of the test result type
details -- which isn't even possible in GNUmed since each
row can contain differently bounded results of the same
type. Which is why we have bound such details to the tooltip
for each cell.

One thing I do like is the aggregation of individual results
into panels - which is planned for GNUmed but not yet
implemented. I will have to be done less wasteful on screen
resources, however.

Never mind that the huge excess of TSH is marked the same
way as the entirely insignificant increase in albumine :-)

Also never mind that TSH and fT3/fT4 should be aggregated
into the same clinically relevant date (of sampling) --
unless what is displayed is "date of measurement" and those
values were indeed measured on different days - which is
possible but rather unlikely ...

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346