Re: [Gnumed-devel] lab sheet of 3rd party software

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] lab sheet of 3rd party software
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 08:08:13 -0800

On 2009-12-01, at 2:06 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Also never mind that TSH and fT3/fT4 should be aggregated
> into the same clinically relevant date (of sampling) --
> unless what is displayed is "date of measurement" and those
> values were indeed measured on different days - which is
> possible but rather unlikely ...

It's entirely possible these were measured on different days, either because
the lab uses different machines and/or does not to every test on the same
frequency -- maybe they do TSH twice daily and ft3/ft4 only Mondays Wednesdays
and Fridays.

Alternatively it may have been that only the TSH had been requested 5th
November, but the abnormal result prompted a telephone or other request to
"add" ft3 and ft4.

I do like the aggregation. I also expect the tools in the upper left corner add
value.