Re: [Gnumed-devel] clinician input wanted: how to implement "coding"

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] clinician input wanted: how to implement "coding"
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 19:21:41 -0800

I wrote, and Karsten replied

>> <a dedicated widget>
>>  would borrow some of the functionality of things like the
>> EMR tree and notes editor problem list. I am a bit hesitant
>> to suggest it, on account if changes are made to the EMR
>> tree and notes editor problem list the maintenance would get
>> tedious.
> I don't see how maintenance of EMR tree and/or problem list
> would get more tedious by starting to support clinical
> narrative ?

No, i was not referring to the clinician's work, I was only referring to the
programmer's work if they would copy/paste code from one widget to another, but
say the GUI code in the original widget gets improved, I was presuming it would
be extra manual work to follw these changes into the downstream widgets which
had copied older GUI code.