Re: [Gomp-discuss] Plan ... coments wanted !

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Plan ... coments wanted !
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:56:52 +0100

Now as far as the 'middle end' goes, can all agree that this is what we have to do ? ( For now ), and thus postponing further debate until we get some more info.

The interesting parts is really what goes into GENERIC and what goes into GIMPLE.

What we have to figure out now is what primitives we need ( to add to the tree representation ).

Further questions, shall we have parallell subroutines or threaded code sections ( parallell code sections ? ), I suggest support for both.

Also what about the frontend, shall we make a mini frontend ? ( preferably two, one with C and one with F95 syntax ), in order to have somthing to generate test cases ? ( this should be kept minimal ).

 / Lars