Re: [Gomp-discuss] Frontends ..

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Frontends ..
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:31:44 +0100

What I am wondering is how is fx. source lines propagated ( wint gcc -g ) to the lowe layers ?

 Is this a mechanism we could use instead of writing our own frontends etc.

 As for FORTRAN how far does a comment go ?

Alternatively, we could make minor changes to the frontends to propagate these as comments/pragmas with an omp switch ?

I haven't considered the problems which this would lead to or if this is doable, but it might be worth a shot ?

 Any thoughts ?

 / Lars Segerlund.

Scott Robert Ladd wrote:
Lars Segerlund wrote:

  I know the openMP directives for FORTRAN looks as comments to the
compiler, so I wonder how does C/C++ handle #pragmas it doesn't know
about ? I have some recollection about them being ignored ?

C/C++ ignore any pragmas that they do not recognize; many compilers issue a
warning when an unknown prgama is encountered.

..Scott