Re: [Gomp-discuss] Frontends ..

From: Steven Bosscher
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Frontends ..
Date: 31 Jan 2003 17:00:55 +0100

Op vr 31-01-2003, om 14:57 schreef Diego Novillo:
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Lars Segerlund wrote:
> >  Is this a mechanism we could use instead of writing our own frontends etc.
> >
> >  As for FORTRAN how far does a comment go ?
> >
> Comments are stripped out of the source by the pre-processor.
> I'm not sure what you're asking here.

What he means is that in Fortran, "comment lines" (that is,
'(^[C\*]|[ \t]*"!").*') can be both real comments or "pragmas".  What I
mean with that is that comment lines can actually be HPF or OpenMP
directives, or just plain comment.

This is not the case with "inline comment", i.e. comment following a
syntactic entity.

Greetz
Steven