Re: [Gomp-discuss] Questions, questions

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Questions, questions
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:14:39 +0100

 Hi again,

  g95 is quite good now, and it's frontend is VERY easy to work with, so I
think it would be safe to say it's ready for OpenMP.

 The thing about academic fortran programmers are that often they are afraid of
computers :-) ... so they want a magic 'parrallell thingie' to solve their
parallellization issues for them. Which is good and bad, and then there are the
exeptions which forces progress on the mediocre crowd :-) ( Pun intended ).

 As for your point 3. we decided to use Posix threads, and abstract the rest in
the lib. ( thus different thread implementation and so on different lib, no
code change), i think :-) ..