gotmail-list

Re: [gotmail] flakiness

From: paul cannon
Subject: Re: [gotmail] flakiness
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 21:12:17 -0600

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 09:05:03PM -0600, Chris Grevstad wrote:
> I have a slow network connection and I sometimes see random failures
> (including the page format changed error) when I'm heavily using the
> network.  I've always supposed that either something in gotmail timed out
> or hotmail timed out, the result being that gotmail gets incomplete data,
> thus causing failures.

That would definitely cause all sorts of errors like that, yes. I think
the problem that others are having is different, though. I'll see what I
can do to make gotmail more stable for slow connections (or accept
patches).

| paul cannon                                 address@hidden |
| patch accepter at large     http://people.debian.org/~pik/ |