gotmail-list

Re: [gotmail] flakiness

From: paul cannon
Subject: Re: [gotmail] flakiness
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 21:39:02 -0600

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 09:10:36PM -0600, paul cannon wrote:
> Hmm. After a quick glance at your log, it looks like MS is doing screwy
> cookie magic again. I'll have to compare this with a working
> gotmail_log. Don't have time tonight.

I lied. I did a quick check, and can't understand the results just yet.
It looks like your gotmail is doing everything right, the same way mine
is, but Hotmail suddenly sends back the broken-cookies page to yours at
the same time it sends me the successful login stuff.

The only suspect I can think of at this point is your proxy. I wonder if
it's changing something innocuous, like eliminating carraige returns,
and Hotmail jumps on it when the cookies are returned? Have you tried
gotmail without a proxy?

I need to add more cookie info to the debug log, I think.

| paul cannon                                 address@hidden |
| needer of more cookies      http://people.debian.org/~pik/ |