gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS not showing in gpsmon/gpsd on RPi 3

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS not showing in gpsmon/gpsd on RPi 3
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 15:56:42 -0700

My setup may be slightly different from Eric's.  It's a Pi 3.  I started with
Raspbian Jessie Lite.

> The KPPS error is telling you that is failed to create the /dev/pps1 and
> attach it to /dev/ttyS0.  And that is beccasue there are no RTS/CTS, DTR/DCD
> or RI on /dev/tty1 to create the /dev/pps1 to monitor.

> /dev/pps0 is the device that YOU created for the GPIO pin.  Except either
> the permissions are wrong, or gpsd is not openeing it properly befor= e
> dropping root.

pps0 is created automagically by the boot stuff when you tell it that you
want to use GPIO#<x> for PPS.

On my setup, gpsd actually makes /dev/pps1
(It isn't good for anything.)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.