gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS not showing in gpsmon/gpsd on RPi 3

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS not showing in gpsmon/gpsd on RPi 3
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:54:15 -0700

address@hidden said:
>> There are two cases of "no PPS".  One is that nothing is wired to that pin.
> Right.  We know this isn't the problem as ppstest can see RFC2783 events
> through .dev/pps0

The real problem is that gpsd doesn't have the idea of stand-alone PPS files
(/dev/pps0 and such).  It assumes everything on the command line is a TTY and
that it can get the PPS stuff from there.

I was pointing out that things get messy if you try to make decisions based
on the presence of PPS data when you open the TTY file and then setup the
RFC2783 stuff from there.

I think the fix will require something like a flag on the command line that
says the next parameter is the PPS for the previous TTY.  Maybe:
  gpsd /dev/ttyX0 --pps /dev/pps0

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.