gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] [Mac OSX] Issues connecting Garmine Legend HCx (USB Ver

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] [Mac OSX] Issues connecting Garmine Legend HCx (USB Version) to GPSD.
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 19:23:25 -0800 (PST)

Yo Nathan!

That GPS is not on the gpsd hardware list:

http://catb.org/gpsd/hardware.html

A qcuik look at the Legend HCx shows it does not support NMEA (or Garmin
binary) output:

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/eTrexLegendHCx_OwnersManual.pdf

In fact a quick look at the manual shows the USB is only good for getting to
the microSD card.  So you are totally out of luck on that.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588