gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] [Mac OSX] Issues connecting Garmine Legend HCx (USB Ver

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] [Mac OSX] Issues connecting Garmine Legend HCx (USB Version) to GPSD.
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 06:56:27 -0500

  From: "Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden>

  A qcuik look at the Legend HCx shows it does not support NMEA (or Garmin
  binary) output:

  http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/eTrexLegendHCx_OwnersManual.pdf

  In fact a quick look at the manual shows the USB is only good for getting to
  the microSD card.  So you are totally out of luck on that.

Not that this really helps with gpsd, but I have a Vista HCx (which I
think is exactly a Legend plus baro/compass), and it definitely does
garmin binary for waypoints and tracks (e.g., with gpsbabel).   I do not
have any reason to think it does NMEA.