gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Make gpsd work with BU-353 S4 receiver

From: Benjamin Armbruster
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Make gpsd work with BU-353 S4 receiver
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 23:12:19 +0200

Hey!

Am Thu, 18 Oct 2012 13:47:43 -0700
schrieb "Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden>:

> Yo Benjamin!
>
> I have both.  Very disappointed in the -S4.

Why is that? I would have agreed with you several hours before, but now my unit
is
working just fine! However, I would like to know if there are intentions of
making
gpsd more compatible with it (e.g. putting it in NMEA instead of SiRF binary
mode
by default). I would hate to see it fail again as I do not know how I "fixed"
it...
Operating in NMEA mode by default seems to be the better choice because it has
never
failed me. Still, manually switching to NMEA using gpsctl is not guaranteed to
succeed and a dirty hack as well.

> RGDS
> GARY
> Gary E. Miller Rellim 109 NW Wilmington Ave., Suite E, Bend, OR 97701
>       address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588

Regards, Benni