gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Make gpsd work with BU-353 S4 receiver

From: Benjamin Armbruster
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Make gpsd work with BU-353 S4 receiver
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 00:09:30 +0200

Hi!

Am Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:55:13 -0700
schrieb "Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden>:

> Yo Benjamin!

>> ... this is where slight concerns are arising. Could you tell me how
>> much difference there is between those two units? Is the -S4 still
>> usable in car navigation or complete useless?
> Can't say about a car.  The non-S4 gets a good fix in my basement.  The
> -S4 needs to be near a window.  That may mean the -S4 will only work
> when mounted on the dashboard.

>> I also noticed inaccuracies myself with static positioning,
> This may happen if the GPS has lost tracking and is trying to dead reckon.
> RGDS
> GARY
> Gary E. Miller Rellim 109 NW Wilmington Ave., Suite E, Bend, OR 97701
>       address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588

So, basically it's just about sensitivity and not accuracy? If so, then it
should
not be that much of a problem ;)

As I understand, you are part of the dev team, aren't you? If you are, then
could
you tell me if it is possible to make gpsd put the receiver in NMEA mode
instead of
SiRF binary in some future release?

Regards, Benni