gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Gps application stops transmitting data after some time

From: lokesh kumar Nijalinge
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Gps application stops transmitting data after some time
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 00:02:08 +0530

Hi Gary,

Currently I was setting  baud rate to 4800bps and using ' gpsd -b'.
I am getting output when I use 'cat /dev/ttyS0 '.

Still need to connect Data In pin of GPS?

Thanks,
Lokesh

On Sep 18, 2015 11:43 PM, "Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo lokesh!

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 23:32:29 +0530
lokesh kumar Nijalinge <address@hidden> wrote:

> On my Serial port only Data out pin from GPS is connected to Openwrt
> board. Data in pin of GPS is left open. Will that play a role for
> data not coming properly from gpsd.

Obviously no data Out means nothing can talk to your GPS to change
settings.  That will be a PITA as you need to change things like
the serial speed.  4800bps is just not good enough.

If you have upped the GPS speed on another host, and use 'gpsd -b'
then no data out would not cause this.

Too low a speed could cause this (input buffer overflow).  Or voltage
mismatch on the Data In can cause this.

Which is why I suggested you try a USB GPS to eliminate those as
causes.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588