gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Gps application stops transmitting data after some time

From: lokesh kumar Nijalinge
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Gps application stops transmitting data after some time
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 00:13:35 +0530

Hi Gary,

Yes with cat the data looks good and comes continuously, without interruption in between.

Thanks,
Lokesh

On Sep 19, 2015 12:06 AM, "Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo lokesh!

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 00:02:08 +0530
lokesh kumar Nijalinge <address@hidden> wrote:

> Currently I was setting  baud rate to 4800bps and using ' gpsd -b'.
> I am getting output when I use 'cat /dev/ttyS0 '.

The 4800 bps may be your problem.  The GPS can easily send more data
than fits at 4800 bps.  With no flow control things can go bad quickly.

Does the data look good with 'cat'?  No overruns?  Can 'cat' stream the
data forever?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588