gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] problem with Stratum-1-Microserver HOWTO

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] problem with Stratum-1-Microserver HOWTO
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 19:56:55 -0700

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 02:42:51 +0100
"Charles Muggen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Not sure if they were ever installed on this SBC.
> How do I ensure all gpsd parts are ripped out of systemd config?

I am no expert on systemd, so this comes with even less warranty than
free software usually has. :-)

Purging (rather than removing) the gpsd packages should pull all the
systemd stuff. You should do that anyway if you build from source.

apt purge gpsd  # etc.

Alternatively,

systemctl --now mask gpsd.service gpsd.socket

should not only disable them, but render them so that you cannot enable
them. unmask to render them unmasked and disabled.

systemctl list-units | grep gpsd

to check their status.

man systemctl for more information.

--

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has
destroyed itself within. The essential causes of Rome's decline lay in

-- Will and Ariel Durant, III The Story of Civilization (1944) epilogue