grammatica-users

[Grammatica-users] Future of grammatica

From: Anant Mistry
Subject: [Grammatica-users] Future of grammatica
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 07:18:48 -0700

I'm considering using Grammatica for a project after looking at JAVACC and ANTLR. I am looking to migrate a legacy parser (written in C and not aided by any CC tools). I want to have a parser that separates a grammar defined in an EBNF notation, from the code that carries out actions based on the parsing. Grammatica seems to accomplish that goal (like in ANTLR ,I feel that having to embed code into the grammar makes the definition unreadable).

My worry is the build date, (sometime in 2003 was the last version). I know that there are recent posts to the user group, but what is the future support for Grammatica? I don't really want to go down the ANTLR path, but if the releases for Grammatica are going to dry up, I might have to.

Please let me know

Thanks

Anant