Re: Making guile-gtk-1.2 stable?

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Making guile-gtk-1.2 stable?
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 09:12:25 +1000

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> Do we want to keep guile-gtk-1.2 stable?

I don't see any need for major surgery, there's a few bugs outstanding
though.

> Are we sufficiently happy with the guile-gtk-1.2 API so that we can
> promise to keep it backwards compatible?  Which things need to be
> worked out?

Only revising a couple of recent additions, gdk-colormap-alloc-colors
and gdk-window-set-geometry-hints in particular which I've posted
about.

> I am thinking of the recent change to gdk-gc-set-clipping-rectangle,
> for example.

Oh, that was your recent addition.  For some reason I'd thought it was
Marko added that.

> It _could_ have been done in backwards compatible way,
> but that wouldn't be as elegant as the current way.

Taking a rectangle seemed like a good idea for uniformity, and being
only a recent addition it seemed ok to just change it.

> I'm inclined to
> add this backwards compatability...  What do you say, is that
> worthwhile?

If you think it was in long enough to need to be compatible.  I don't
mind having the separate x,y,w,h parameters as an extension (ie. still
keep the rectangle to match the C function too).