Re: Making guile-gtk-1.2 stable?

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Making guile-gtk-1.2 stable?
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:42:05 +0200

Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

> Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> Do we want to keep guile-gtk-1.2 stable?
>
> I don't see any need for major surgery, there's a few bugs outstanding
> though.

Yep, OK, that's what I think, too.  Adding new stuff or fixing bugs
will be no problem, but I say it owuld be nice to officially say that
no incompatible changes will be made (usually).

>> I am thinking of the recent change to gdk-gc-set-clipping-rectangle,
>> for example.
>
> Oh, that was your recent addition.  For some reason I'd thought it was
> Marko added that.

Ahh, I now see that I added that thing quite recently indeed (but not
recent enough to remember it...  ;).  So, I now agree that it was
entirely adequate to make that change.  It was thus a bad example, but
I can't think of any other... :-)

>> It _could_ have been done in backwards compatible way,
>> but that wouldn't be as elegant as the current way.
>
> Taking a rectangle seemed like a good idea for uniformity, and being
> only a recent addition it seemed ok to just change it.

Yes, I agree completely.

Sooo, I want to make a new release of guile-gtk-1.2 soon and put it on
ftp.gnu.org.  Then, I'd like to go over guile-gobject a bit, properly
fitting it out as a GNU package (if it isn't already) and then we can
put it on ftp.gnu.org as well.  Ok?