Re: RFC: How to organize guile-gnome

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: RFC: How to organize guile-gnome
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 10:12:55 +1000

Greg Troxel <address@hidden> writes:

> Does the Debian package system handle this case (other than by
> requiring package builders to have all possible dependencies
> installed)?  Perhaps it can only construct "package splits" for those
> sets that get all of their files created from the build that happens.

I think that's the case, ie. a build from source must have a full set
of build dependencies installed.  But that's only for the build from
source, and I think only due to the convention that the build always
produces all binary packages.  Those resulting binary packages of
course only depend on the things they actually need.