guix-devel

Re: Brasero, or gnome without gnome

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Brasero, or gnome without gnome
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 00:17:39 +0200

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 09:32:23PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

[...]

>> > Of course, this works only as long as only one gnome program is installed,
>> > since all the different gschemas.compiled step on each other's toe.
>> They’re all called ‘gschemas.compiled’?
>
> Yes.
>
>> If yes, then that’s another case for “profile hooks”–i.e., snippets to
>> run in the build process that produces the profile.
>
> I thought so, but if possible, it would be nice to have a direct, functional
> (by which I mean, depending only on the installed packet and not on which
> other
> packets are also installed) solution.

Do you mean a solution that does not require any action upon
installation?  That would at least require using different file names
than just ‘gschemas.compiled’, no?

What I had in mind is that upon installation in the user’s profile, the
glib-compile-foobar command would be run for all the schema-providing
packages to appear in the new profile.

WDYT?

Ludo’.