guix-devel

Re: [gnu.org #881181] Re: [gnu.org #881518] Re: Package synopses and blu

From: Karl Berry via RT
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #881181] Re: [gnu.org #881518] Re: Package synopses and blurbs translation
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 17:25:57 -0500

I thought you guys didn't want these hypothetical TP translators to see
HTML.  If you do, fine, we can make the original be HTML, at least as
far as the internal text goes, which is the only concern here afaik.

Brandon and I wrote the blurbs in plain text simply because it seemed
natural; everything else we do starts with plain text, and there seemed
no reason to do otherwise.  Then I wrote gm-generate.pl to add HTML
boilerplate junk and convert the obvious things into HTML as needed
because that's how the text was needed on the web site.

It all seems far more trivial to me than this thread would imply.

Whatever,