guix-devel

Re: Troubles with install image

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: Troubles with install image
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 20:59:04 -0700 (PDT)

David Thompson asked:
> Any ideas?

I have one of these machines too. You're using the fork of coreboot
called libreboot right? The grub.cfg that you see is in from the flash
chip. Try using the "Scan" option at the bottom to have it scan the
HDD and use that grub.cfg instead.

Once the Scan option is completed you'll see a new menu item at the
bottom that wasn't there before, representing the grub.cfg from the
HDD. Select it and press return.

I have to boot my machine this way all the time. I've been too lazy to
replace the grug.cfg in the flash chip with the proper one I need. The
exact process is documented on libreboot.org if you care to do that.