guix-devel

Re: Troubles with install image

From: David Thompson
Subject: Re: Troubles with install image
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 09:49:08 -0400

Alex Sassmannshausen <address@hidden> writes:

> As I also have an x60 and I would be very interested in the installer
> you used to get things this far if you are able to provide it somewhere?

Sure, this is Ludovic's minimal config, tweaked a bit:

  (use-modules (srfi srfi-26)
               (gnu))

  (operating-system
    (host-name "guix")
    (timezone "America/New_York")
    (locale "en_US.UTF-8")
    (initrd (cut base-initrd <> #:extra-modules '("libahci.ko" "ahci.ko")))
    ;; When installing from USB image, my hard disk is sdb, when booting
    ;; from the hard disk, it is sda.
    (bootloader (grub-configuration (device "/dev/sdb")))
    (file-systems (list (file-system
                          (device "/dev/sda1")
                          (mount-point "/")
                          (type "ext4")))))