guix-devel

Re: Self-contained Guix tarball

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Self-contained Guix tarball
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 07:33:55 +0200

Great :). I would make it a little clearer that this is
'bootstrapping' and hype it a little more that now there is no reason
NOT to install Guix. Only 100Mb on your HDD.

The warning about overwriting a Guix installation should be earlier.
Maybe point out that if you want to move a package with dependencies
see another part of the documentation.

BTW when Nix decided to go for a meta-database they lost something. I
know it has good reasons (performance mostly) but it took away the
self-containedness of packages. It would be nice just to be able to
copy/del packages and rebuild the meta information. Do we have
something like that?

Pj.