guix-devel

Re: SourceForge URLs changed

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: SourceForge URLs changed
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 13:58:19 -0400

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 10:28:13AM -0500, Alex Griffin wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016, at 05:16 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> > Alex Griffin <address@hidden> skribis:
> > > Their Twitter feed[1] says that they're investigating issues at the
> > > moment, so it's possible that all we need to do is wait.
> >
> > OK, we’ll see.
>
> So it has been a few days now, and it looks like I was probably wrong.
> I'm a little baffled that I couldn't find any other free software
> communities talking about this either, since I would have guessed a
> disruptive change like this would have affected other distros that
> automate source downloads (like NixOS, Arch Linux, Gentoo, etc.)

I contacted SourceForge to ask about this. They said that they did have
an outage that lasted for ~23 hours but that, otherwise, there has been
no change to the URLs from which they serve things.

Is anyone still noticing problems on our end? If so, can you give some
details that I can pass on to SourceForge?