guix-devel

Re: SourceForge URLs changed

From: Alex Griffin
Subject: Re: SourceForge URLs changed
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 13:15:50 -0500

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016, at 12:58 PM, Leo Famulari wrote:
> I contacted SourceForge to ask about this. They said that they did have
> an outage that lasted for ~23 hours but that, otherwise, there has been
> no change to the URLs from which they serve things.
>
> Is anyone still noticing problems on our end? If so, can you give some
> details that I can pass on to SourceForge?

I haven't done a whole lot of testing, but as an example I've run into
problems when trying to update wesnoth for example. I can download the
source from the web interface or from a new URL, but the old URL we used
is broken now.

So this used to work, but doesn't any more:

    https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/wesnoth/wesnoth-1.12.5.tar.bz2

Now it has to be:

https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/wesnoth/wesnoth-1.12/wesnoth-1.12.5/wesnoth-1.12.5.tar.bz2

--