guix-devel

Re: SourceForge URLs changed

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: SourceForge URLs changed
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 17:50:56 -0400

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 11:40:24PM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> I read claims on the #guix IRC channel that the URLs appear to change
> over time.  Has this been confirmed yet?  It would be sad if you or
> others waste time on changing the URLs only to have them change yet
> again.

I claim that claim ;)

I think I was mistaken.

Our requests were being redirected from HTTP -> HTTPS, so I changed the
mirror URLs to use HTTPS, and then forgot I'd made that change. [0]

Between tests with `curl`, `guix download`, and `guix lint --checker
source`, I became confused and made that claim.

But, things started to work when I reverted the mirror URL change and
began updating the various package source URLs.

Hopefully SourceForge does not change the URLs again. That would be
extremely annoying.

[0] This redirection only seems to occur for "bad" URLs.