guix-devel

Re: Stop it. Formerly - Re: Promoting the GNU Kind Communication Guideli

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Stop it. Formerly - Re: Promoting the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines?
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2018 15:40:57 +0100

Hi,

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 04:41:53PM +0100, Pjotr Prins wrote:
>> I suggest to end this thread. HiPhish, come and discuss your points at
>> FOSDEM. We'll set up a working group for those who care about these
>> things.
>
> I agree. The subject has been discussed ad nauseam across the internet,
> and even offline, and we are not going to achieve a breakthrough here on
> the Guix mailing list.

+1.

Furthermore, this project, like any other, has its license, its rules,
etc.  Of course we can discuss these things together, it’s what makes a
project healthy.  However, when joining the project, one agrees to
follow these rules—it would seem unreasonable to join and at the same
time push for a change of rules that have long been established by
members of the group.

Ludo’.