guix-devel

Re: NPM importer

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: NPM importer
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 14:47:18 +0100

On 2018-11-22 09:36, Julien Lepiller wrote:
Thanks! It made me wonder if we could better approximate the set of needed
dependencies by looking at package tags. I'll try to improve my script in that
spirit, and share it again here.

Sounds good.

I would like to work on implementing a way to blacklist dependencies during guix import npm.

I look forward to see your snippet.

I suggest we work in tree on master going forward and I think we should submit both the node-build-system and import script to master as they seem to work fine.

Both apply cleanly.

Getting this in before 1.0 is possible as I see it.
We can improve the importer with blacklisting and recursive capacities in a wip-branch.

--
Cheers
Swedebugia