guix-devel

Re: Re-approaching package tagging

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Re-approaching package tagging
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 00:12:04 +0100

Hi,

I partially answer to myself. ;-)

> And how the regexp works ?
> I am not able to find some doc... I am diving in the code but it is
> not easy to find. :-)

If I understand well, basically the code is here, right?
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/guix/scripts/package.scm#n754

And the regexp engine comes from the module (ice-9 regex), right?
Documented there:
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Regular-Expressions.html#Regular-Expressions

> For example, how to search package with the name emacs and not the name emacs-
> or how to search package with the name emacs and with the decription GNU?
> The '-s foo -s bar' is OR. What about the AND?
> etc.

This needs more than the actual implementation, right?

Thank you and sorry if I am slow to understand.

All the best,
simon