gutopia-dev

[rgui-dev] Re: [OT] GUI's and the Rouge, Part IV

From: Tom Sawyer
Subject: [rgui-dev] Re: [OT] GUI's and the Rouge, Part IV
Date: 08 Aug 2002 07:59:42 -0600

thanks lyle,

well i never like kludges in general. but you're right, every other gui
will probably have the same problem (excpet GTK, it actually does let
you do this, which is something i like about it and i'm still waiting to
hear if ruby-wise can or not) so even though fox isn't ultimately the
intended backend target of GUtopIa, i think i should perhaps work out a
better approach, A lazy evaluation strategy of sorts, as you say.

have you had a chance to look at the GUtopIa preliminary code by chance?
it's actually rather short and simple. (not it a bad way, mind you.)

~transami

--
~transami