gutopia-dev

[rgui-dev] Re: GUItopia mixin names

From: Tom Sawyer
Subject: [rgui-dev] Re: GUItopia mixin names
Date: 22 Aug 2002 15:59:45 -0600

pedant away! :-)

thank you, Harry,

in fact i am the worst speller i know, so yes indeed i misspelled
Changeable. FYI, though, the names of these mixins, as i posted on the
dev list are quite up in the air. i agree with you that names are
important and so i am working on the most appropriate ones. thanks for
the suggestion. perhaps if i summed the basic idea of the two you might
think of something most suitable, as it seems you are quite adept with
words.

Eventable: Monitor method calls. When a method is called which has an
automagical binding specified for it, then execute that bound procedure.

Changeable: Monitor instance variables and class variables. When a
variable changes that has an automagical binding specified for it, then
execute that bound procedure.

thanks again,
tom

--