gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] (Lately)

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] (Lately)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:41:35 +0300

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 02:35:31PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> > > Hm. Are you suggesting to implement complete bindings in Fallback--
> > i.e.,
> > > not only a minimal set that allows us to get things to work, but all the
> > bells
> > > and whistles (like real marking etc.)?
> >
> > Yes: as I said in Fallback.java, we need to have a complete working system
> > without any metadata in the structure *first*, and *then* we can start
> > working
> > on the bootstrapped system.
>
> Hm. I understood that we need a minimal working system that helps us build
> structures, not the full thing-- wouldn't that amount to doing everything
> twice?

Well, a minimal working system that helps us build structures is actually
quite large: it's *not* just the most basic commands but has to be a really
*GOOD* way of editing the structure.

I wouldn't want to program an operating system in ed or edlin...

Also, doing something twice is what we'd have to do anyway: "throw one away".

        Tuomas