gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] xupdf

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] xupdf
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 19:26:22 +0100

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 07:02:35PM +0100, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
(currently, even the focused text is only barely readable-- it should look at least as good as in gv).

Screenshot of what is really bad in your opinion?

How do I make one? Is there a key binding for it? (Or an external program that can read what GL draws...)

- buoy placing (ESP: not outside the window!)

I think that's actually working pretty well, with the new algorithm
(project to circle). It's very predictable.

Sometimes it works really well, yes, but at other times IMHO it does not. Here are the things I observed: - Sometimes (if it's shown 'below' or 'above') the buoy is placed outside the window. That doesn't make sense! - If an anchor is to the left, and the buoy is shown to the right (because it's a forward link), it looks strange. Probably it's better to ignore the direction when placing (except perhaps when the focus is very close to the anchor) and indicate direction by an arrowhead placed on the connection, if desired (not that important at this time IMO).

- lighter papers, for better readability (maybe with bindings to change)

Have you set your gamma correctly:

        xgamma -gamma 2

helps.

No. How'm I supposed to guess? ;-)

Seriously, though, yes, this *does* look much better-- except for the text quality, it's really good now, visually. Isn't there something we can do ourselves here, without requiring the users to resort to external programs? (Esp. for a demo that's not too nice...)

- Benja