gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] 25th, 26th, 27th & 28th (hh)

From: hemppah
Subject: Re: [Gzz] 25th, 26th, 27th & 28th (hh)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:38:25 +0200

Quoting Tuomas Lukka <address@hidden>:

> > Currently I feel quite comfortable with my thesis. P2P field has been
> examined
> > quite well and I have built a big picture of it. Therefore, I know quite
> > accurately what I'm going to write in certain parts of text and where I'm
> going
> > to use references (100+). Creation of text should be quite
> straightforward.
>
> Of course, then there is the question: do you have any specific answers to
> the research questions?
>
>       Tuomas

As I have said earlier, I don't know Gzz very well yet. That's why it's quite
hard to answer Gzz specific questions (how Gzz *really* differ from existing p2p
systems). But I will try to respond to research questions:

-For research questions a, b, and c, I know what the p2p field has to offer: the
best effort is DHTs with O(log n) (with small variations).

-For d is open, haven't read yet Schneier

-For e, there are some proposals, e.g. SQL-like searchs in DHTs and keyword
searchs. However, this is quite Gzz specific, e.g. Urn-5 etc. (?)

-For f, same algoritmical limits hold true in this too. This is also Gzz
specific and is, at least someway, implentation issue when we have the basic
infrastructure builded (a, b, c)

-For g and h, same as f (?)

-For i, There are some clever implementations for this in Groove. But I don't
know how it can scale in situations where there are *lot* of users. Some other
keywords which might be relevant are SDSI and SPKI. However, I haven't put much
effort on this yet.

If I remember right, a and b was the most important questions, right ?

-Hermanni