gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Agora next thursday inbct seminar presentations

From: hemppah
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Agora next thursday inbct seminar presentations
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:07:21 +0200

Quoting Tuomas Lukka <address@hidden>:

> To everyone who currently works with the research group in Agora
> (i.e. Benja excluded ;): if you didn't already know, we shall be
> having presentations on next thursday with some very important audience
> members: the project's "owners".
>
> The plan is that I'll first give a short overview: the overall goals,
> the history, some glimpses of the technology &c, and then give the
> floor to you.
>
> Having a presentation there is so vital to the group that I'm making
> giving one a requirement for continued employment with the group.
> I expect to get an abstract of what you want to say (for discussing and
> aligning with the other presentations and the overall message) posted
> on this list today.
>
>       Tuomas

Presenters: vegai, hemppah
Topic: Fenfire's storage model and Peer-to-Peer

Our presentation will include the following things:

1. Fenfire storage model
 -blocks
 -immutable byte sequences (any change -> new block)
 -globally unique identifiers
 -benefits and objectives (associations between data etc.)
 -Storm and Alph modules, xanalogical model

2. Peer-to-Peer
 -motivation (location transparency etc.)
 -objectives (find data from global data repository etc.)
 -urn-5: concept -> data mapping
 -urn-5 and block IDs: semantic-free, location independent (next generation
  Reference Resolution Services (DNS) ?)
 -current p2p schemes
 -currently, what is the best scheme for Fenfire (and why) (tightly structured

 systems, similarity of storm<->xu-model<->tightly structured systems ->
 globally unique identifiers)

3. Open problems
 -security issues
 -not only the problems of Fenfire

4. Future work
 -transclusions and xu-links from p2p
 -prototype

5. Published/sumbitted papers regarding this topic
 -HT'02 paper by Tuomas and Benja (published)
 -HT'03 paper by Tuomas, Benja, Toni and hemppah (submitted)
 -hemppah's MSc thesis

Vesa or Tuomas, any comments ?

-Hermanni